Mission Statement - February 21, 2014

As I approach my 40th birthday, I feel compelled to make a clear demarcation between who I was as a young man and the person I am today. Part of that demarcation process involves the consolidation of my creative work in online archives.

Obviously, I don't hope to profit by this endeavour. Making money with my art - whether it's written, recited, played or sung - seems unlikely at this point. Besides, many artists held in high esteem after their deaths existed in states of material and/or emotional distress while they were alive. And most of the ones that tried to make money with their art were miserable because they made the effort. At least, that's what I tell myself.

In any case, I'm sidestepping the headache and the heartache; I'll earn elsewhere. I mean, don't get me wrong - if I had an offer, and the deal was right, who knows what could happen? But that's never been the focus of what I do and it's not what I want for my art.

What I really want, gentle readers, is for my art to be surreptitiously disseminated among you. I want my words and music to reach all corners of the planet and unfold the universe. I want to travel to that secret place in you, and settle on your soul like the lingering memory of your sweetest love.

I've already begun this project with my music, which can be accessed here. 'On the Periphery' - which is both the title of this blog and the name I gave to my first book of poetry - was always intended as an archive of sorts. Now it will truly become what it was meant to be, as in the coming months, I undertake a process of transcribing and uploading a large part of my life's work...