Seduction of the Muse - The Poet's Song

"I walked with Beauty everyday, I met her at her home,
But she was always running late, or talking on the phone."

"I walked with Beauty everyday, we talked, my soul was singing,
I knew the joy was in my heart, and my heart to Beauty bringing."

"I walked with Beauty everyday, we danced within the storm,
To her I pledged undying love, though love may change its form."

"I walked with Beauty everyday, and lay with her at night,
She told me secrets from beyond, I told her wrong was right."

"I walked with Beauty everyday, her eyes they always heard,
I'd confess to her my deepest fear, a confession spent in words."

"I walked with Beauty everyday, her soul was white and cold,
And so it would remain, although I'd shape it to my mold."

"I walked with Beauty everyday, I gave her all and naught,
Could it be that Beauty was not the one I sought?"

...then I heard the poet, curse the muse in spite.
After swallowing a bitter truth, that turned his heart to ice.

Seduction of the Muse
(1994)